Melt in the mouth,
If like us you get stuck for different healthy breakfast ideas, this might be the recipe for you. Once you’ve cooked up a batch you can eat some and keep the rest in the fridge covered up in gladwrap for the following day
The Pancakes can be eaten hot or cold, our favourite is heated and topped with a selection of fresh fruits. Hope you enjoy testing the recipe out and trying out your favourite toppings!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp coconut milk (can use coconut cream, may just need a little more)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot (tapioca)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Whisk eggs. Add milk, honey, lemon, vanilla and whisk again.
- In another bowl mix flour and arrowroot together. Add dry mixture to wet mixture a bit at a time.
- Mix in baking powder and soda.
- Lightly grease a frying/pancake pan with butter or an oil spray and heat.
- Drop a spoonful of the mixture into the pan, try to tilt the pan slightly to spread the mixture, wait until the pancake starts to form little holes then with a non stick spatula carefully flip onto the other side and cook until golden on both sides. You can start to cook two pancakes at a time if you’d like to save time.
- Once you have cooked up your batch of pancakes add whichever topping you would like!